Our fat dissolving injections consist of deoxycholic acid (DA) . Deoxycholic Acid (DA) is
found naturally in our bodies to aid in the digestion and absorption of dietary fats. When the
injectable drug is placed directly into a fat pocket, it breaks down fat cells perminantly in the
area of injection, those broken down fat cells are then absorbed by the body and excreted.
The procedure is tailored to fit each patient’s specific needs. This solution is typically
injected into the submental region, commonly called the “double chin.”to get rid of that
stubborn fat that won’t budge despite diet and exercise. However, can be used in other
small areas of concern. Not everyone is a candidate for a fat dissolving treatment.
It can also be used in other areas of the body such as:
● Inner and outer thighs
● love handles
● upper and lower back (bra rolls)
● back of arms
What can i expect during treatment?
A cold compress is applied to the treatment area while DA is first mixed with lidocaine to
assist in “freezing” the area to provide comfort during the treatment. A grid pattern is then
laid out on the area of concern by your practitioner to provide safe margins for injection.
Each treatment typically consists of 20-30 injection sites, however is not limited to that
What to expect post procedure?
Swelling, redness, itching, bruising, numbness, and lumps can be expected after treatment
and considered very normal. The area will be sensitive to touch. The degree of swelling and
discomfort varies between patients and will resolve within 1-2 weeks. Ice packs can be used
post treatment to aid in the discomfort. Full effects of the treatment will be seen in 4-6
How many treatments do i need?
This treatment generally requires anywhere from 3-6 sessions or more depending on the
size of area being treated, but once completed, results are considered permanent due to
the lasting destruction of fat cells. The number of treatments is dependent upon the amount
of fat in the treatment area. We recommend a minimum of three to six treatments.
Treatments should be performed every 4 weeks.
*Individual results may vary*
•You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, breast feeding, or have open sores in the treatment area.
• Do NOT use the following products 2 days prior or 2 days after your treatment (or until
pinkness has subsided): RetinA, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or
exfoliating products, or bleaching creams (unless instructed otherwise by your provider).
• Gentlemen: Shave the treatment area one day before your scheduled treatment (unless
instructed otherwise by your provider).
• Do not apply any creams, lotions, perfume or makeup etc. to the treatment areas prior a to
being treated, prior to treatment.
• To decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment, ensure you have had a
recent meal, including food and drink, before your procedure. Please warn the provider if you
have a history of fainting.
• Schedule your Kybella® appointment at least 2-4 weeks prior to a special event which you
may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation (due to bruising and prolonged swelling).
• Reschedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance if you have a severe rash, cold
sore, or blemish in the treatment area.
• Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior and 3-4 days post
treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort,
Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a
blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections. • Do
NOT consume alcoholic beverages 1 week prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and
increase the risk of bruising).
• Consider taking Arnica tablets beginning 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising.
Post-Treatment Instructions: • Avoid extreme temperatures of heat for 24 hours post treatment
(i.e. Jacuzzi, hot showers etc.).
• Do NOT consume alcohol or sodium for 3 days post treatment to avoid excess swelling.
•Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment.
• Sleep on your back with your head elevated to decrease swelling. What to Expect: • You will
experience swelling and bruising for 3-5 days post treatment, which will begin decreasing over a
period of a few weeks. Swelling can last 4-6 weeks.
• Many patients need 2-3 treatments for desired results, please schedule a follow-up
appointment 4-6 weeks after your first treatment.
• Ice packs may be used in the treated area during the first 12 hours. Ice for 15 minutes every
hour. However, icing can be discontinued if uncomfortable.
• Do NOT massage the injection site. Swelling, tenderness, bruising, numbness, and areas of
firm nodules may occur and will resolve over time without intervention. Results are not
immediate. Results may be seen as early as 4-6 weeks post-treatment, but full results will not
be noticed until 12 weeks post-treatment. Numbness can last up to 12 weeks.
• Do not wrap the treated area, and do not take anything to prohibit swelling the day of the
treatment or for the days following treatment.
• You may feel a sense of heaviness following the treatment, especially when laying on your
back. This sensation may make you feel short of breath. However the injection does not
compromise your airway. Notify our office if any significant swelling, bleeding, pain, dusky
discoloration, difficulty swallowing or smiling, or if fever occurs.
Copyright © 2022 Go Bare Beauty Clinic - All Rights Reserved.
We have some amazing new services coming your way!
Go bare beauty clinic is excited to announce that we will be offering:
● Body Contouring
● Brazilian Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Come get summer ready with us!
Get ready! Get set! GO!
Follow us on Instagram
Please add our email address as safe sender